My girls are such good readers! I'm proud to say that each one entered Kindergarten already reading. I attribute their literacy in part to their Dad's dedication to the nightly ritual of reading stories before bedtime. From the time they were infants (in the womb, too!) they have been read to. The usual bedtime reading place was our bed with an agreed-upon selecton or two, but as they get older, the girls like to read in their own beds. They now like to read one or two books or a chapter or two on their own with a parent cuddled next to them in bed. Sometimes, they like to read to each other. Vince and I are avid readers and have always loved books. We are so glad that our girls love books and reading, too!
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Bedtime Stories
My girls are such good readers! I'm proud to say that each one entered Kindergarten already reading. I attribute their literacy in part to their Dad's dedication to the nightly ritual of reading stories before bedtime. From the time they were infants (in the womb, too!) they have been read to. The usual bedtime reading place was our bed with an agreed-upon selecton or two, but as they get older, the girls like to read in their own beds. They now like to read one or two books or a chapter or two on their own with a parent cuddled next to them in bed. Sometimes, they like to read to each other. Vince and I are avid readers and have always loved books. We are so glad that our girls love books and reading, too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
love that Madison is reading a story about a Madison...too cute :)
ReplyDelete