Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

We celebrated Mother's Day the whole weekend. On Saturday, we did some shopping during the day and then for dinner dined at the Yard House for the first time. We all enjoyed the yummy food and the gigantic, roomy booth where we sat. I had heard a lot about the Mac and Cheese 2 (squared) and so I ordered it. I have to say, it wasn't anything to write home about, but it was okay. I guess my tastes differ from those who recommended it! I did enjoy bites of Vince's Turkey Pot Pie as well as one of the girls' mini cheeseburgers! Now THOSE were yummy!

On Sunday morning, I was greeted with breakfast in bed. Vince and the girls brought a tray of delicious breakfast foods to my bedroom, after letting me sleep in. I ended up eating downstairs with the family since I could sense the silent pleas to "eat with us!" Besides, it would have been strange to eat in bed with an audience! As one of my treats for Mother's Day this year, Vince and the girls sang a lovely serenade of Josh Goban's song, You Raise Me Up. I have been listening to the song a lot since I first heard it around Christmas time because I just love the song. I was so touched that my family sung it to me. I might have to invest in voice lessons and have them develop their singing abilities!

Lauren, Megan, and Madison also did two performances for me. They sang, danced, and showcased their gymnastic skills to two Hannah Montana songs. Sooooo cute! After the shows, we all played with my gift - a Wii Fit - for a couple of hours. I'm currently in a love-hate relationship with the Wii Fit. I love it because it has innovative and fun activities that promote being mobile and healthy, but I hate it because it said I was "obese." That wasn't a fun thing to hear on Mother's Day, even if it is true!!

Aside from the rude awakening I received from the Wii Fit, I thoroughly enjoyed Mother's Day weekend with Vince and my girls. They sure know how to make me feel special! I'm so blessed because without any of them, I would not have the privilege and honor of being a mother.

1 comment:

  1. ok.. the videos are soooooo cute! I love them! Your girls are just precious! So thoughtful and loving. I hope I can raise children as amazing as yours. The josh Groban song made me cry. I LOVE that song.Good taste. :)

    ReplyDelete